Did you know that about 10 percent of American TV owners have cancelled cable TV to cut down on household costs? In fact, statistics show that the number of households cutting the cable-cord doubles every year. This phenomenon can be extremely devastating for sports fanatics, since they would no longer have access to live sports, but there is an awesome solution: 24/7 live programming on WatchESPN.
Watching live games on a big screen TV is great, but it also has its inconveniences. For instance, you could have been waiting for your favorite game to be shown, only to realize that will not be broadcast in your region. Furthermore, cable companies and match organizers tend to dictate the games that can or cannot be watched on cable TV. With online sports streaming, there are no geographical or imposed factors that can keep you from receiving a live feed of your favorite sports.
The internet offers multiple ways to watch live Games Online, with a broad selection of matches to choose from, compared to standard cable TV. Paying for additional packages is not a solution. Instead, watch live NFL or MLB or any other game online for free, and as an added perk, view your email or chat on social media, simultaneously.
So, forget about going for that costly cable TV subscription package, and discover a way that you can Stream NBA Games online free. There are multiple providers who give new meaning to on-demand sports viewing, some requiring you to download and install PC or mobile device software so that you can stream. The following is a list of popular free live sports streaming providers divided into two categories: those that provide direct streaming, and those that stream through software.
Providers who require software
As a basketball, baseball, or soccer fan, it is absolutely important that you know how to tune into your favorite game. The first provider that you must know is Wiziwig.tv.
Wiziwig specializes in schedules for all kinds of sports. Basically, you can watch NCAA Football Live, or stream Tennis Live, or any other Live Sports using their schedules. To access the PGA Tour live Stream or MLS Soccer Live feed, simply follow these guidelines:
- Visit the website Wiziwig.tv, and go to the Live Sports menu option
- At the top of the page, select a sports category in which you want to watch a match
- Find the specific match and click on it, or on the text “Live” to view a list of channels broadcasting the match. (These channels are available one hour before kickoff)
- To view the match, you must download some clients, depending on the device that you want to use.
So, which device will you be viewing on?
How to Watch sports on your PC (windows and Mac)
- Step 1: Download a torrent streaming program. It is recommended that you use torrent streaming links, but if you are unable to download the application for some reason, you can use web stream links. For windows, you can download Stream Torrent. For Mac, you should download and install “MicroXP-ST v4”. This application, however, requires you to first install “VirtualBox”, so that it can show in the list of virtual machines.
- Step 2: Visit wiziwig.tv and find your sport in the “Live Sports” section. To watch live NCAA Basketball Online, for instance, click on the “Live sports” menu, then select the “Basketball” icon/link at the top of the page.
- Step 3: You will find a list of games in that particular category, listed by date and time, with links on the side to connect you to live streams for each match.
- Step 4: Choose a stream that you want to watch. You have two options: web streams and P2P streams. Web streams do not require you to install additional software to view, since they use the typical applications, and you most probably have one installed in your PC.
P2P streams, on the other hand, are rather specific, and require a particular program to view each broadcast. Stream Torrent works with most broadcasts, since many streamers use it exclusively. If it doesn’t load a match, you can download other applications used by streamers, like TVAnts, TVU Player, Veetle, and SopCast. These applications run on Windows, but Veetle can also be used with Mac and Linux.
The quality of stream is dependent on the application. So, check the ratings by active viewers to help you decide.
Watching sports on Android
The steps are more or less the same as above, but you need to have the right app. So, one application that is known to run on Android platform is Sopcast.
To stream NASCAR live on your phone on Wiziwig, for instance, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the “Live Sport” menu option on Wiziwig, and select the “Motorsports” category at the top of the page.
- Step 2: You will be provided with schedules motorsports events, showing the date and time of streaming. Choose the sport you want by clicking on the “Live” button.
- Step 3: Choose a web stream: P2P or Web stream. To play the P2P stream, you need an application that is supported on Android devices, like Sopcast.
- Step 4: Enjoy the event.
Watch online games on iPhone or iPad for free
This is yet, another platform that differs from Android or PC operating systems. So, to stream a cricket match live on your iPad, follow these guidelines:
- Step 1: Purchase the Skyfire App from iTunes, download it, then install. So, it is not free, but you need this app to view flash videos that would not typically play on iOS devices when browsing with iPad/iPhone browsers, like Safari. The iPhone app costs about $2, while the iPad one costs $4.99. It is a small investment that is definitely worth it if you want to stream live College Basketball Online, NHL Playoffs, NBA Playoffs, MLB, Football, Soccer, and more.
- Step 2: Launch the Skyfire browser, and go to the website that you want to stream from, like WiziWig, goatd, or LiveTV.
- Step 3: Choose the game you want to watch, and click on the “Play” button at the bottom of your screen. It will take Skyfire about 30 seconds to convert the stream, then it will begin to play.
It is important to note that there are other sites that are similar to WiziWig, like LiveTV.sx and VIPBox.tv.
Top 4 Providers of Direct, Live Sports Streaming
There are very few services that permit sports fans to watch sports online, but it is likely that they will be a few more options for free live streaming sports online, in the future. It is unfortunate that some of the available sites for live streaming are not trusted by the public.
However, there are a few that have regular visitors, and can be classified as reputable sports streaming sites that offer real streaming without requiring you to do a survey, or download a toolbar or malware. The only thing you may be required to download is Adobe flash Player, which is spyware free. The following are some of the most popular sites to watch free sports online:
This is arguable the biggest and most trustworthy of all websites that offer Live sports streaming. You can expect to find all major sports on SportLemon, usually with multiple links to ensure that viewers can find a working stream. If, for instance, you want to watch an NHL Hockey live stream, simply go to the SportLemon website, and click on the Tennis” category at the top of the page. You will be provided with a list of scheduled games and the time of play. Select the match you want to view, and click on the link or screen icon to open a new page with the flash player. If the game is ongoing, the feed should start playing instantly.
WatchESPN or ESPN3 or ESPN2
This option is only available for US based subscribers, since it works in conjunction with a cable package from the conventional cable provider. If you get connected, it should be your preferred online sports streaming option. WatchESPN offers High Definition, 24/7 live programming from ESPN networks on the web, mobile, and game systems, including Xbox One and 360, Roku, and Apple TV.
No extra costs are incurred for fans with subscriptions to their partner high-speed internet service providers, as well as US college students and US based military personnel on on-base military networks and on-campus educational networks.
To start watching, simply download the WatchESPN app at Amazon App Store, App Store, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Google Play Store, and Roku Channel Store. You will then be prompted to select your TV provider, enter your TV subscription – username and password- then enjoy the game.
This is also a big sports streaming website that provides multiple links for all major sports, as well as some live TV stations. You may, however, be required to install a HD player or plug-in.
This is an incredibly popular sports streaming site that has been around for a few years now. While they include some links to games without valid streaming videos, FirstRowSports has managed to retain its popularity due to its large selection of sports streams for free. You can stream NBA Games online free by simply going to the website, selecting the basketball category, and choosing the link for the game you want to watch. You will be provided with several links for streaming the game, as well as the option to download a free desktop App for PC viewing.
There are other websites that allow the public to watch live games online, like LSHunter, Justin.tv, FootyFire, Laola1.tv, and AllSportLive, though most of their links are actually borrowed from the major providers. Goatd.net is another popular site that provides links for live sports streaming, though it only shows a few of the major sports.
Advantages of Watching Sports online
It is evident that there are several reliable providers of free sports streaming, but what would impel you to watch your favorite sport online as opposed to on cable TV?
- First, online streaming gives you access to a wide variety of games. How many times have you turned on your TV set only to find that the match you were anticipating is not being broadcast in your area? If you choose to stream MLB Live online for free, this will cease to be a problem. There are numerous, diverse games available online at no extra cost, besides the fee for your Internet service provider.
- Secondly, the streams are available in high definition, which means that you can enjoy high quality images, in even the fast games, like basketball and motor racing. However, some streams are not very clear, but you can always find one that delivers pleasurable viewing.
- Thirdly, watching sports online provides comfort and convenience. You do not incur an additional fee, which means that you get more entertainment without hurting your budget. Compared to cable, which requires you to pay, yet it does not show everything that you would like to see, it is certainly more convenient.
- Fourthly, streaming from a reliable website gives you the confidence that your PC or mobile device will not be infected with a virus. If you use legit and highly recommended resources, the threat for viruses and malware drastically reduces, so you do not have to be concerned with the optimal performance of your devices.
Can you watch any live sports game online?
Unlike cable, which provides a limited number of stations based on your subscription package, you can actually watch just about any live sport online. However, this depends on the website that you are using. The websites mentioned above offer live sports streaming for only the major games in the US.
This means that you should not be concerned about missing a live golf stream, or any other major sport. However, there are some sites that do not stream all international sports. So, you may have to search for a provider that offers more international sports streaming than local sports, if you wish to view live sports in other nations.
The online sports landscape is definitely set to keep growing, but it has to be innovative to avoid seizure by Homeland Security. Considering that it offers quality entertainment on a budget, and the assurance that you can always stream a live cricket match, NFL or baseball game online for free, more people are set to drop their cable packages for total-online entertainment, unless you have a fantastic cable package.