The best way to watch CBS SPORTS live is to be with your buddies while you avidly keep your eyes glued to the huge LED TV screen, with a great sound system to boot. You can enjoy the game while drinking your favorite brew and munching on your favorite snacks, and while you are comfortably nestled in your favorite chair.
This has long been an American tradition, and the popularity of TVs won’t drop anytime soon. With the way LED TVs are showing HD programs, it is hands-down the best method to watch a game next to being there on the sidelines.
This is especially true with CBS Sports and the CBS Sports Network, since together they show a lot of college football and basketball games. These are the games which seem designed to watch with a large group of passionate fans.
Watching CBS SPORTS Live StreamingLegally
But the problem here is that you can’t always get to a TV. What if you can’t just get to a TV right now and there’s a game that you have to absolutely watch? Perhaps you’re on the road struck in a massive traffic jam, and all you have is your tablet and an Internet connection. Now what?
You still have an option, and that’s to get the CBS SPORTS live stream on your tablet, laptop, or smartphone. Just go to ULIVE section of the CBS Sports website, and subscribe. A month’s subscription will cost you $17.95, and for a year’s subscription the price is $129.95. You can then go watch the game on your browser. You can also download the app at http://www.cbssports.com/mobile which is available from the App Store, Google Play, Blackberry World, and Windows Store.
But suppose you don’t want to pay anything at all. Well, all is not yet lost. There are still a few options left for you. But before you start to go online, you need to keep a few things in mind. If you want to watch CBS SPORTS online, you will have to be content with a dip in the quality of the video. Let’s face it, even paying for it legally can’t match the awesome experience of watching it on TV with a cable connection. And if you have to resort to free methods, you’ll need to keep your expectations realistic.
- First Row Sports. This is an international website, and it has gone on for years despite numerous domain raids conducted by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement. Its HTML address changes a lot, and there are many versions of the website where the ads have been limited.
All you will need is a browser with flash installed. If you are using a mobile phone, you may want to use the Skyfire browser to emulate flash. There will still be ads, but you can just close them as they appear. Sometimes the stream can freeze, so you will need to refresh the page and close the ads again. Or you can just choose another stream. Sometimes you’ll be asked to install additional plugins, but because of the threat of malware you better make sure that your antivirus programs are updated.
- VIPBox.tv. Here you are presented with a lot of icons representing various sports. You just click on the sport you want to watch, and then you get the streams for the game you are looking for. If you are looking for a CBS SPORTS stream, you may also want to search for it among the US TV channels offered.
Click on that “x”, and you’ll see the game. There may still be an ad shown over the game (these websites have to make a living), but you can click on the bottom right of the video to make go full screen. That usually ends the barrage of popup ads.
- WiZiWig. This is a peer to peer website. You go to wiziwig.tv and find the game you are looking for, and usually you can find CBS SPORTS streaming offered by lots of helpful folks. Click on the link, and you will receive instructions on what type of software you need to download and install on your device. Fortunately, the wiziwig.tv website offers comprehensive instructions, and they also offer the right links for you to download the programs you need.
The advantage of wiziwig.tv is that if you don’t care much for the crappy quality of the stream, you can just go on their forum when the game ends. You may not be able to watch the game live, but you can watch it right after in HD quality. That means you don’t have to squint to see what’s going on.
- Ustream Sports. This is a platform for websites to offer their various streaming services. Just go to http://www.ustream.tv/explore/sports and see the various sports offerings. If you’re lucky, then someone will be streaming the game broadcast by CBS Sports. The great thing about Ustream is that you don’t need to install any kind of hardware at all. You just click on the link and watch.
- Justin.tv. This is also very popular, with 300 million live streams available in over 250 countries each month. In fact, in the US people more time is spent watching the videos here than in YouTube! Just make sure you have the flash player, sign in, and go to the sports section. Click and a link and enjoy!
The moral of the story is that if you can’t get to a TV in time, all is not lost. All you need to watch the CBS SPORTS live stream is an Internet connection, a computer or similar device, and a lot of patience.